Sunday, August 5, 2007

Well first i would like to apologize for not posting pictures and generally doing a lame job updating this blog.

Right now i am in pre service training(PST). PST lasts for 10 weeks. We have language classes for four hours every morning 6 days a week and "technical training" in the afternoons until around five thirty. We get Saturday afternoon and Sunday off. That’s when I can come into Gori for internet, when I do my laundry and I do all of these sorts of things. I should have more time when I finish training.

A few weeks ago we received our permanent site assignments. I will be teaching in the town of Minadze. It is fairly high in the lesser Caucus mountains right on the Turkish border. There are 395 people in town and 45 students in our school.

My latest adventure in Georgia has been giardia. It is an intestinal parasite. I wasn't 100% sure that I had it. I was with out the fever and any sort of stool analysis was tough. Any how I mentioned what symptoms i did have to our Peace Corps medical officer. She said that I might not have it but i wouldn't hurt for me to take the medicine. She prescribed 4 large pink pills which i took as directed, all at once. For the past two days I have felt like there have been two warring demons in my stomach, I've been burping sulfur and making evil all kinds of evil in the out house. Any how I feel much better now, glad to be done with it.

No comments: